Jump to Main Content
- Kieling, Dirlei Diedrich; Prudencio, Sandra Helena
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.3 pp. 1302-1310
- acidity, etc ; Cymbopogon; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; beverages; bioactive compounds; color; essential oils; flavorings; freeze drying; leaves; lime juice; odors; phenolic compounds; sensory evaluation; tea; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Lemongrass is an aromatic plant with antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, used for the preparation of medicinal tea and for essential oil production. Previous studies have shown that extracts of lemongrass leaves contain phenolic compounds associated with health benefits. Although essential oils have been widely used as flavoring agents, there is no scientific evidence regarding t ...
- Sabanci, Serdal; Cevik, Mutlu; Cokgezme, Omer F; Yildiz, Hasan; Icier, Filiz
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.5 pp. 2589-2595
- titratable acidity, etc ; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; color; electric potential difference; electrochemistry; electrodes; energy efficiency; evaporation; hydroxymethylfurfural; juice concentrates; odors; ohmic heating; pH; pomegranate juice; processing time; sugar content; sugars; titanium; total soluble solids; volatile fatty acids; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Vacuum evaporation (VE) process is widely utilized in fruit juice evaporation to preserve quality attributes of final product. However, it has some disadvantages such as possible degradation of aroma components or volatile fatty acids due to long process time, and low energy efficiency of process. Pomegranate juice having 17.5% total soluble solid (TSS) content was evaporated to 40% TS ...