Jump to Main Content
- Coletta, Cosimo; Botondi, Rinaldo; Forniti, Roberto; Baccelloni, Simone; Bellincontro, Andrea; Mencarelli, Fabio
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.6 pp. 3142-3148
- polygalacturonase, etc ; acidity; beta-galactosidase; cell walls; cold treatment; enzyme activity; enzyme kinetics; firmness; grape must; malic acid; pectinesterase; polyphenols; sugars; temperature; wine grapes; winemaking; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: In wine production, temperature control is important and cooling techniques are frequently used to cool down grape must. Grape compound extraction is facilitated by enzymatic cell wall disassembly. Accordingly, our hypothesis is that the use of an alternating temperature could favor enzyme activity and thus berry compound extraction. RESULTS: White wine grapes (cvs ‘Falanghina’ and ‘Fi ...
- Langer, Silvia E; Marina, María; Burgos, José L; Martínez, Gustavo A; Civello, Pedro M; Villarreal, Natalia M
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.8 pp. 4003-4010
- polygalacturonase, etc ; Botrytis cinerea; Fragaria ananassa; beta-galactosidase; beta-glucanase; calcium; calcium chloride; cell walls; chitinase; disease resistance; enzyme activity; firmness; fruits; fungi; gene expression regulation; genes; ions; metabolism; pathogens; pectinesterase; pectins; peroxidases; polyphenols; strawberries; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Fruit dips in calcium ions solutions have been shown as an effective treatment to extend strawberries (Fragaria × ananassa, Duch) quality during storage. In the present work, strawberry fruit were treated with 10 g L⁻¹ calcium chloride solution and treatment effects on cell wall enzymes activities and the expression of encoding genes, as well as enzymes involved in fruit defense respon ...