Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Jiaxing; Liu, Dongmiao; Deng, Xiong; Zhen, Shoumin; Wang, Zhimin; Yan, Yueming
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2018 v.98 no.11 pp. 4357-4368
- gliadin, etc ; Triticum aestivum; breadmaking quality; dough; filling period; gene expression regulation; gluten; glutenins; grain yield; protein content; proteome; proteomics; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; starch granules; storage proteins; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; ultra-performance liquid chromatography; viscoelasticity; wheat; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Water deficiency affects grain proteome dynamics and storage protein compositions, resulting in changes in gluten viscoelasticity. In this study, the effects of field water deficit on wheat breadmaking quality and grain storage proteins were investigated. RESULTS: Water deficiency produced a shorter grain‐filling period, a decrease in grain number, grain weight and grain yield, a reduc ...
- Brzozowski, Bartosz
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2018 v.98 no.9 pp. 3363-3375
- gliadin, etc ; Lactobacillus acidophilus; antibodies; baking; breads; celiac disease; crosslinking; digestion; digestive enzymes; dough; enzymatic hydrolysis; fermentation; gastrointestinal system; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; pathogenesis; peptidases; polypeptides; protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase; rolls; storage proteins; temperature; wheat; wheat protein; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The enzymatic modification of wheat proteins during dough fermentation and its digestion as supported by peptidases of microbiological origin can result in the degradation of important peptides in the pathogenesis of coeliac disease. However, baking bread and the high temperature associated with this could change the physicochemical and immunological properties of proteins. Thermal cha ...