Jump to Main Content
- Meng, Nan; Ren, Zhi‐Yuan; Yang, Xiao‐Fan; Pan, Qiu‐Hong
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2018 v.98 no.3 pp. 1222-1231
- wine grapes, etc ; Vitis vinifera; alcohols; cysteine; esters; fermentation; isoleucine; nutrition; ornithine; palmitoleic acid; tyrosine; viticulture; volatile compounds; yeasts; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Fatty acids and amino acids are the precursors of aliphatic and aromatic volatile compounds, higher alcohols and esters. They are also nutrition for yeast metabolism during fermentation. However, few reports have been concerned about the effect of viticulture practices on the accumulation of fatty acids and amino acids in wine grapes. This study aimed to explore the accumulation of the ...
- Sollazzo, Marco; Baccelloni, Simone; D'Onofrio, Claudio; Bellincontro, Andrea
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2018 v.98 no.9 pp. 3532-3541
- wine grapes, etc ; carotenoids; chlorophyll; cluster analysis; color; colorimetry; esters; glycosylation; reflectance; ripening; small fruits; storage quality; volatile organic compounds; wine cultivars; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: This paper provides data for the potential use of a color chart to establish the best quality of white wine grapes destined for postharvest processing. Grechetto, Vermentino and Muscat of Alexandria white wine grape varieties were tested by sampling berries at different dates during their quality attribute evolution. A color chart and reflectance spectrocolorimeter were used in combina ...