Jump to Main Content
- De Taeye, Cédric; Bodart, Marie; Caullet, Gilles; Collin, Sonia
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2017 v.97 no.12 pp. 4001-4008
- roasting, etc ; catechin; chocolate; chromatography; clones; cocoa beans; cultivars; odors; polyphenols; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Cocoa bean roasting is important for creating the typical chocolate aroma through Maillard reactions, but it is also a key step deleterious to the polyphenol content and profile. RESULTS: Compared with usual roasting at 150 °C, keeping the beans for 30 min at 120 °C or for 1 h at 90 °C proved much better for preventing strong degradation of native P1, P2 and P3 flavan‐3‐ols in cocoa (s ...
- Zhang, Wencan; Zhao, Fangju; Yang, Tiankui; Zhao, Feifei; Liu, Shaoquan
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2017 v.97 no.15 pp. 5146-5157
- roasting, etc ; clearcutting; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; furfural; furfuryl alcohol; glucose; maltol; odors; palm kernel oil; palm kernels; principal component analysis; seeds; volatile compounds; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The aroma of palm kernel oil (PKO) affects its applications. Little information is available on how enzymatic modification of palm kernels (PK) affects PK and PKO aroma after kernel roasting. RESULTS: Celluclast (cellulase) pretreatment of PK resulted in a 2.4‐fold increment in the concentration of soluble sugars, with glucose being increased by 6.0‐fold. Higher levels of 1.7‐, 1.8‐ an ...