Jump to Main Content
- Mirshekari, Amin; Madani, Babak; Golding, John B
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2017 v.97 no.11 pp. 3706-3711
- polygalacturonase, etc ; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; bananas; calcium propionate; catechol oxidase; chitosan; cold storage; enzyme activity; firmness; fresh-cut produce; fruit quality; microbial growth; microbial load; pectinesterase; peroxidase; phenolic compounds; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The marketability of fresh‐cut banana slices is limited by the rapid rate of fruit softening and browning. However, there is no scientific literature available about the role of postharvest calcium propionate and chitosan treatment on the quality attributes of fresh‐cut banana. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to investigate these effects. RESULTS: The application of calcium ...
- Chen, Yihui; Sun, Junzheng; Lin, Hetong; Hung, Yen‐Con; Zhang, Shen; Lin, Yifen; Lin, Ting
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2017 v.97 no.8 pp. 2547-2552
- polygalacturonase, etc ; 1-methylcyclopropene; ambient temperature; beta-galactosidase; cell wall components; cell walls; cellulose; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzyme activity; firmness; fruit quality; fruits; hemicellulose; marketing; metabolism; paper; pears; pectinesterase; pectins; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Huanghua pear will lose its firmness quickly during postharvest storage at ambient temperature, and hence has limited storage and marketing potential. In this study, Huanghua pears treated with paper containing 0 (control) or 0.9 μL L⁻¹ 1‐methylcyclopropene (1‐MCP) for 12 h, and then stored at (25 ± 1) °C for 30 days, were investigated for the effect on fruit firmness, cell wall compos ...