Jump to Main Content
- Serment, Amélie; Giger‐Reverdin, Sylvie; Schmidely, Philippe; Dhumez, Ophélie; Broudiscou, Laurent P; Sauvant, Daniel
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2016 v.96 no.1 pp. 160-168
- ammonia; carbohydrates; carbon dioxide; diet; fermentation; goats; hydrogen; inoculum; methane; pH; rumen fermentation; total mixed rations; volatile fatty acids
- ... BACKGROUND: In vitro techniques are used to predict ruminant feedstuff values or characterise rumen fermentation. As the results are influenced by several factors, such as the relative effects of inocula and substrates, this study aimed to examine in vitro incubation of two total mixed rations (substrates) differing in their proportion of concentrate [low (L): 350 g kg⁻¹ vs. high (H): 700 g kg⁻¹] ...
- Verzera, Antonella; Tripodi, Gianluca; Dima, Giovanna; Condurso, Concetta; Scacco, Antonio; Cincotta, Fabrizio; Giglio, Dina Maria Letizia; Santangelo, Tanino; Sparacio, Antonio
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2016 v.96 no.1 pp. 150-159
- Vitis vinifera; anthocyanins; color; crop management; defoliation; dry environmental conditions; fermentation; grapes; harvest date; leaves; odors; pH; polyphenols; principal component analysis; rain; ripening; summer; temperature; titratable acidity; vines; wine quality; wines; winter; Mediterranean region
- ... BACKGROUND: Defoliation is a cultural practice for crop management in grapevines and the benefits effects have been demonstrated. Here, the influence of ‘early’ leaf removal on the quality of Nero d'Avola wines was evaluated. Particular attention has been given to the volatile constituents responsible for the wine aroma but also to the total amount of polyphenolic compounds, anthocyanins and flavo ...