Jump to Main Content
- Rajwade, Ashwini V; Joshi, Rakesh S; Kadoo, Narendra Y; Gupta, Vidya S
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2016 v.96 no.15 pp. 4896-4906
- alpha-linolenic acid; amino acids; biosynthesis; fatty acid composition; genes; linseed; nutritive value; omega-3 fatty acids; prediction; protein isoforms; proteins; stearoyl-CoA desaturase
- ... BACKGROUND: Linseed is the richest agricultural source of α‐linolenic acid (ALA), an ω‐3 fatty acid (FA) that offers several nutritional benefits. In the present study, sequence characterization of six desaturase genes (SAD1, SAD2, FAD2, FAD2‐2, FAD3A and FAD3B) and 3D structure prediction of their proteins from ten Indian linseed varieties differing in ALA content were performed to determine whet ...
- Abdualrahman, Mohammed Adam Y; Ma, Haile; Zhou, Cunshan; Yagoub, Abu ElGasim A; Hu, Jiali; Yang, Xue
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2016 v.96 no.15 pp. 4861-4873
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; activation energy; amino acids; antioxidant activity; enzyme kinetics; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; hydrolysates; hydrophobicity; hydroxyl radicals; iron; molecular weight; peptides; proteins; sodium caseinate; temperature; ultrasonic treatment
- ... BACKGROUND: Due to the disadvantages of traditional enzymolysis, pretreatments are crucial to enhance protein enzymolysis. Enzymolysis kinetics and thermodynamics, amino acids composition, molecular weight distribution, fluorescence spectroscopy and antioxidant activity of thermal (HT) and single frequency counter‐current ultrasound (SCFU) pretreated sodium caseinate (NaCas) were studied. RESULTS: ...