Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Ye; Wang, Zhengxuan; Li, Hui; Liang, Mingcai; Yang, Lin
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2016 v.96 no.15 pp. 4940-4950
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; alkali treatment; antioxidant activity; copper; digestion; gastrointestinal system; hydrolysates; iron; proteinases; rice protein; sodium hydroxide
- ... BACKGROUND: To elucidate whether and how alkali treatment, which is a common process for rice protein (RP) extraction, affects antioxidant activity of RP, the different degree of alkali (from 0.1% to 0.4% of NaOH) was used to extract RP (RP‐1, RP‐2, RP‐3, RP‐4). RESULTS: The antioxidant capacities of scavenging free radicals [2,2′‐azinobis(3‐ethylbenzothiazoline‐6‐sulfonic acid] diammonium salt, A ...
- Abdualrahman, Mohammed Adam Y; Ma, Haile; Zhou, Cunshan; Yagoub, Abu ElGasim A; Hu, Jiali; Yang, Xue
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2016 v.96 no.15 pp. 4861-4873
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; activation energy; amino acids; antioxidant activity; enzyme kinetics; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; hydrolysates; hydrophobicity; hydroxyl radicals; iron; molecular weight; peptides; proteins; sodium caseinate; temperature; ultrasonic treatment
- ... BACKGROUND: Due to the disadvantages of traditional enzymolysis, pretreatments are crucial to enhance protein enzymolysis. Enzymolysis kinetics and thermodynamics, amino acids composition, molecular weight distribution, fluorescence spectroscopy and antioxidant activity of thermal (HT) and single frequency counter‐current ultrasound (SCFU) pretreated sodium caseinate (NaCas) were studied. RESULTS: ...