Jump to Main Content
- de la Cerda‐Carrasco, Aarón; López‐Solís, Remigio; Nuñez‐Kalasic, Hugo; Peña‐Neira, Álvaro; Obreque‐Slier, Elías
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2015 v.95 no.7 pp. 1521-1527
- grape pomace; wine grapes, etc ; Vitis vinifera; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; byproducts; color; flavor; fruits; health promotion; high performance liquid chromatography; proanthocyanidins; secondary metabolites; taste; wine quality; winemaking; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Phenolic compounds are widely distributed secondary metabolites in plants usually conferring them with unique taste, flavour and health‐promoting properties. In fruits of Vitis vinifera L., phenolic composition is highly dependent on grape variety. Differential extraction of these compounds from grapes during winemaking is critically associated with wine quality. By‐products of winemak ...
- Del‐Castillo‐Alonso, María‐Ángeles; Diago, María P; Monforte, Laura; Tardaguila, Javier; Martínez‐Abaigar, Javier; Núñez‐Olivera, Encarnación
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2015 v.95 no.2 pp. 409-416
- wine grapes, etc ; Vitis vinifera; coumaric acids; cultivars; decision making; flavanols; flavonols; leaves; photostability; physiology; small fruits; stilbenes; ultraviolet radiation; viticulture; wine quality; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Ultraviolet (UV) radiation induces adaptive responses that can be used for plant production improvement. The aim of this study was to assess the effect of solar UV exclusion on the physiology and phenolic compounds of leaves and berry skins of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Graciano under field conditions. Phenolic compounds were analyzed globally and individually in both the vacuolar fraction ...