Jump to Main Content
- Hsieh, You‐Liang; Yeh, Yen‐Hung; Lee, Ya‐Ting; Huang, Chih‐Yang
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2015 v.95 no.4 pp. 799-808
- rats, etc ; alanine transaminase; aldehyde dehydrogenase; alkaline phosphatase; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; aspartate transaminase; blood serum; catalase; diet; ethanol; glutathione peroxidase; hepatoprotective effect; hepatotoxicity; histopathology; lipid peroxidation; liver; males; oxidative stress; silymarin; superoxide dismutase; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; vitamin E; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Male Wistar rats were divided into seven groups as follows: group A, basal diet; group B, basal diet with Cholestin at 0.1667 g kg⁻¹body weight (BW); groups C–F, oral feeding of ethanol at 7.9 g kg⁻¹BW; groups D–F, Cholestin in diet at 0.1667, 0.3333 and 0.5 g kg⁻¹BW respectively; group G, silymarin in diet at 200 mg kg⁻¹BW. RESULTS: The results showed that treatment with Cholestin for ...
- Jung, Saet‐Byeol; Shin, Jae‐Ho; Kim, Ji Yeon; Kwon, Oran
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2015 v.95 no.14 pp. 2818-2823
- rats, etc ; alanine transaminase; animal models; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; blood serum; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; hemorrhage; hepatoprotective effect; liver; necrosis; superoxide dismutase; sweet potatoes; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: This study was designed to investigate the hepatoprotective effect of an extract from Shinzami, a variety of purple sweet potato, in rats injured by hepatic ischaemia–reperfusion (I/R). RESULTS: Pretreatment with Shinzami extract decreased the aspirate aminotransferase and alanine aminotransferase serum levels in our hepatic I/R rat model. The glutathione level and superoxide dismutase ...