Jump to Main Content
- Razzeto, Gabriela S; Lucero López, Viviana R; Giménez, María S; Escudero, Nora L
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2015 v.95 no.3 pp. 607-613
- rats, etc ; glutathione; liver; blood serum; glutathione-disulfide reductase; catalase; malondialdehyde; soy flour; superoxide dismutase; soybeans; glutathione peroxidase; casein; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Soybeans, due to their antioxidant properties, present beneficial health effects. The objective was to evaluate if replacing casein with soy flour, modifies antioxidant defenses in rat liver, compared to animals that continued being fed with casein based diets (normocaloric and hypercaloric). RESULTS: Four groups of rats were used: CC (control casein), CS (control soy), HC (hypercalori ...
- Jung, Saet‐Byeol; Shin, Jae‐Ho; Kim, Ji Yeon; Kwon, Oran
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2015 v.95 no.14 pp. 2818-2823
- rats, etc ; alanine transaminase; animal models; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; blood serum; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; hemorrhage; hepatoprotective effect; liver; necrosis; superoxide dismutase; sweet potatoes; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: This study was designed to investigate the hepatoprotective effect of an extract from Shinzami, a variety of purple sweet potato, in rats injured by hepatic ischaemia–reperfusion (I/R). RESULTS: Pretreatment with Shinzami extract decreased the aspirate aminotransferase and alanine aminotransferase serum levels in our hepatic I/R rat model. The glutathione level and superoxide dismutase ...