Jump to Main Content
- Han, Hye M; Cho, Jun H; Kang, Hang W; Koh, Bong K
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2012 v.92 no.7 pp. 1462-1467
- retrogradation, etc ; absorption; amylose; baking quality; breads; dough; enthalpy; firmness; gelatinization; rice; rice flour; texture; wheat flour; Korean Peninsula; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: It is difficult to predict rice bread quality only from the amylose content (AC) or dough characteristics of new lines produced by rice breeding programmes. This study investigated the AC relative to bread baking quality of rice varieties developed in Korea, and identified specific characteristics that contribute to rice bread quality. RESULTS: Manmibyeo, Jinsumi, Seolgaeng and Hanareu ...
- Beck, Margit; Jekle, Mario; Becker, Thomas
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2012 v.92 no.2 pp. 299-306
- retrogradation, etc ; baking quality; breads; differential scanning calorimetry; dough; firmness; food production; gases; hypertension; loaves; sensory properties; sodium; sodium chloride; starch; wheat; wheat flour; yeasts; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The traditional use of sodium chloride (NaCl) fulfills various important rheological, technological and sensory properties in the manufacturing of yeast‐leavened products. However, the use of NaCl in food production has been discussed controversially since a high intake of sodium seems to be associated with hypertension. This study investigates the baking quality parameters of wheat br ...