Jump to Main Content
- Kita, A.; Lisinska, G.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.15 pp. 2600-2604
- French fries; cooking quality; food quality; texture; lipid content; deep fat frying; sunflower oil; rapeseed oil; olive oil; soybean oil; palm oils; cooking fats and oils; temperature
- ... The purpose of the present study was to determine the effects of the frying medium and temperatures on fat content and texture of French fries. The material taken for the study consisted of seven types of vegetable oil: refined sunflower, rape, soy, olive oil, palm, partially hydrogenated rape oil (modified oil I) and a blend of vegetable oils (modified oil II). The French fries prepared from Aste ...
- Parker, M.L.; Ng, A.; Waldron, K.W.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.15 pp. 2539-2547
- wheat bran; cell walls; pericarp; aleurone cells; chemical composition; phenolic acids; polysaccharides; carbohydrate composition; cell wall components; ferulic acid; sugars
- ... The purpose of this study was to examine the carbohydrate and phenolic-ester composition of cell walls in wheat bran layers. Four defined layers of wheat bran were separated manually from mature grains of wheat (Triticum aestivum L. cv. Avalon) to give samples of beeswing bran (outer pericarp), cross cells, testa + nucellar epidermis and aleurone cells. The cell-wall material from each layer, and ...