Jump to Main Content
- Leterme, P.; Garcia, M.F.; Londono, A.M.; Rojas, M.G.; Buldgen, A.; Souffrant, W.B.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1505-1512
- digestible protein; animal growth; Bactris gasipaes; proximate composition; fruit composition; rats; digestibility
- ... The peach palm (Bactris gasipaes Kunth) is the starchy fruit of a palm tree widely cultivated in Central and South America. The present study aimed at determining its chemical composition and its nutritive value in rats. The average chemical composition of 17 samples was as follows: 410 g kg(-1) water and, in g kg(-1) of dry matter (DM), 54 g crude protein, 114 g oil, 39 g neutral detergent fibre, ...
- Andres, S.; Calleja, A.; Lopez, S.; Mantecon, A.R.; Giraldez, F.J.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1572-1579
- digestible protein; in vitro digestibility; equations; cattle; near-infrared spectroscopy; crude protein; rumen fermentation; permanent grasslands; prediction
- ... A total of 62 herbage samples, harvested in natural meadows located in the uplands of Leon (northwestern Spain) and characterised by a diverse botanical composition and different stages of maturity of the plants, were used to evaluate the ability of chemical composition and near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy to predict dry matter (DM) and crude protein (CP) ruminal degradability. Three non-pro ...