Jump to Main Content
- Yongsawatdigul, J.; Piyadhammaviboon, P.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1453-1460
- surimi; marine fish; gelation; autolysis; protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase; Streptomyces; enzyme activity; deformation; texture; food processing quality; proteolysis; Saurida
- ... In the absence of microbial transglutaminase (MTGase), the textural properties of lizardfish surimi (Saurida spp) improved when pre-incubated at 4 and 25 degrees C for 24 and 4 h, respectively. MTGase optimally catalyzed incorporation of monodansylcadaverine (MDC) into surimi at 40 degrees C. Addition of MTGase appeared to reduce autolytic activity at 25 and 40 degrees C, but had no effect on auto ...
- Arslan, O.; Dogan, S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1499-1504
- mushrooms; Cynara cardunculus subsp. cardunculus; artichokes; Ocimum basilicum; catechol oxidase; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; enzymatic browning; food additives
- ... This paper reports for the first time the inhibition of the catecholase activities of mushroom, artichoke (Cynara scolymus L) and Ocimum basilicum L polyphenol oxidase by 2,3-diaminopropionic acid. Polyphenol oxidases from artichoke and O basilicum L were purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation, dialysis and a Sepharose 4B-L-tyrosine-p-aminobenzoic acid-affinity column. In inhibition studies, 2 ...