Jump to Main Content
- Troncoso-Rojas, R.; Sanchez-Estrada, A.; Ruelas, C.; Garcia, H.S.; Tiznado-Hernandez, M.E.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1427-1434
- tomatoes; postharvest diseases; Alternaria alternata; benzyl isothiocyanate; disease control; antifungal properties; postharvest treatment; postharvest physiology; cell respiration; ethylene production; food storage
- ... Benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) is known to be a strong antifungal compound in vitro against different fungi. The effectiveness of benzyl isothiocyanate to control Alternaria alternata growth in vitro and in vivo was tested. BITC in vitro activity was evaluated in A alternata growing on potato dextrose agar and exposed to 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 or 0.4 mg ml(-1). In vivo activity was evaluated by expos ...
- Wan, Y.; Tian, S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.15 pp. 2605-2610
- pears; Pyrus; postharvest diseases; Alternaria alternata; Penicillium expansum; biological control; biological control agents; Rhodotorula glutinis; Trichosporon; molybdates; postharvest systems; antifungal properties; food storage
- ... The effect of ammonium molybdate (NH4Mo) as an additive to improve biocontrol efficacy of antagonistic yeasts Rhodotorula glutinis and Trichosporon sp. against blue mold and Alternaria rot of pear fruits caused by Penicillium expansum and Alternaria alternata, respectively, was evaluated. Biocontrol activity of R. glutinis was enhanced in combination with NH4Mo, whereas the efficacy of Trichosporo ...