Jump to Main Content
- Cho, M.J.; Howard, L.R.; Prior, R.L.; Clark, J.R.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.13 pp. 2149
- blackberries; blueberries; fruit composition; genotype; cultivars; flavonols; glycosides; high performance liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; free radicals; hybrids; interspecific hybridization; phenolic compounds; free radical scavengers
- ... Flavonol glycoside composition and content in blueberry and blackberry extracts were determined using a high-performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC) separation method coupled with photodiode array (PDA) and mass spectrometric (MS) detection. The hydrophilic antioxidant capacities of crude and fractionated flavonol extracts were also determined by the oxygen radical-absorbing capacity (ORAC(FL)) ...
- Lee, K.G.; Lee, S.E.; Takeoka, G.R.; Kim, J.H.; Park, B.S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1580
- Fagus; wood; creosote; volatile organic compounds; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; food additives; herbal medicines; medicinal properties
- ... Volatile constituents of beechwood creosote were determined using gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The major volatile constituents of creosote were 2-methoxyphenol (guaiacol; 25.2%) 2-methoxy-4-methylphenol (4-methylguaiacol; 21.4%), 3-methylphenol (m-cresol; 8.3%) 4-methylphenol (p-cresol; 7.9%) 2-methylphenol (o-cresol; 4.6%) and phenol (2.8%). The antiox ...