Jump to Main Content
- Soriano, A.; Quiles, R.; Mariscal, C.; Garcia Ruiz, A.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.11 pp. 1914-1924
- Belgian Landrace; sires; boars; texture; pale soft exudative meat; Duroc; ham; carcass quality; flavor; Large White; sows; odors; curing (food products)
- ... This study demonstrates that improvements in animal line selection by breeding enterprises exert a strong effect on carcass traits, meat quality and sensory characteristics of Serrano dry-cured ham. A total of 461 pigs from the offspring of a Duroc (DU) x Landrace (LD) sow mated with two DU boars and a DU x Large White (LW) boar from three breeding enterprises were evaluated. The two DU terminal s ...
- Gul, M.; Yoruk, M.A.; Macit, M.; Esenbuga, N.; Karaoglu, M.; Aksakal, V.; Aksu, M.I.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1439-1443
- lambs; males; lamb feeding; Awassi; Vicia sativa; seeds; plant source protein; liveweight gain; finishing; lamb meat; meat quality; color; carcass characteristics; pH; feed intake; feed conversion
- ... The experiment was carried out to evaluate the effect of common vetch seed (CVS), used at various levels (0, 15 and 25%), as a protein source in diets replacing different proportion of barley, wheat bran and soybean meal on fattening performance, carcass and meat quality characteristics of Awassi male lambs at approximately 8 months of age. The lambs were divided into three treatment groups, T1 (c ...