Jump to Main Content
- Troncoso-Rojas, R.; Sanchez-Estrada, A.; Ruelas, C.; Garcia, H.S.; Tiznado-Hernandez, M.E.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1427-1434
- tomatoes; postharvest diseases; Alternaria alternata; benzyl isothiocyanate; disease control; antifungal properties; postharvest treatment; postharvest physiology; cell respiration; ethylene production; food storage
- ... Benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) is known to be a strong antifungal compound in vitro against different fungi. The effectiveness of benzyl isothiocyanate to control Alternaria alternata growth in vitro and in vivo was tested. BITC in vitro activity was evaluated in A alternata growing on potato dextrose agar and exposed to 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 or 0.4 mg ml(-1). In vivo activity was evaluated by expos ...
- Haidukowski, M.; Pascale, M.; Perrone, G.; Pancaldi, D.; Campagna, C.; Visconti, A.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.2 pp. 191-198
- Fusarium graminearum; cyproconazole; Fusarium culmorum; prochloraz; biosynthesis; tebuconazole; pesticide application; durum wheat; disease control; field experimentation; Triticum aestivum; scab diseases; Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; grain yield; deoxynivalenol; Italy
- ... The effect of different fungicide treatments on Fusarium head blight (FHB) development, grain yields and deoxynivalenol (DON) accumulation in wheat was evaluated after artificial inoculation under field conditions with a mixture of Fusarium graminearum and F culmorum. The trials were carried out using commercially available products on five different cultivars of soft and durum wheat (Serio, Genio ...