Jump to Main Content
- O'Doherty, J.V.; Nolan, C.S.; McCarthy, P.C.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.3 pp. 371-380
- swine; weanlings; swine feeding; lactose; whey; antibiotics; feed additives; feed conversion; liveweight gain; feed intake; soybean meal; zinc oxide
- ... In experiment 1, 224 pigs (initially 8.85 kg and 28 +/-2 days of age) were used in a 2 x 2 factorial arrangement of treatments to investigate the interaction between lactofeed (LF70) (860 g kg(-1) whey permeate, 140 g kg(-1) soya bean meal) level (175 g kg(-1) and 350 g kg(-1)) and avilamycin (0 and 40 mg kg(-1)) inclusion in piglet starter diets. Pigs were fed starter diets from day 0 to day 22 a ...
- Gul, M.; Yoruk, M.A.; Macit, M.; Esenbuga, N.; Karaoglu, M.; Aksakal, V.; Aksu, M.I.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1439-1443
- lambs; males; lamb feeding; Awassi; Vicia sativa; seeds; plant source protein; liveweight gain; finishing; lamb meat; meat quality; color; carcass characteristics; pH; feed intake; feed conversion
- ... The experiment was carried out to evaluate the effect of common vetch seed (CVS), used at various levels (0, 15 and 25%), as a protein source in diets replacing different proportion of barley, wheat bran and soybean meal on fattening performance, carcass and meat quality characteristics of Awassi male lambs at approximately 8 months of age. The lambs were divided into three treatment groups, T1 (c ...