Jump to Main Content
- Ozkan, Mehmet; Cemeroglu, Bekir
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2002 v.82 no.15 pp. 1823-1828
- Maillard reaction; activation energy; air; air flow; apricots; models; sulfur dioxide; temperature; water content
- ... Sulphited dried apricots were exposed to hot air flows at 40, 50 and 60 °C and the removal of SO2 was investigated as their moisture content fell from an initial value of 193.2 g kg−1 to a final value of 80–90 g kg−1. A first-order kinetic model was found for the removal of SO2 between 40 and 60 °C. Temperature quotients (Q10) for the removal of SO2 were 2.84 between 40 and 50 °C and 4.93 between ...
- Omidiji, Olusesan; Okpuzor, Joy; Otubu, Olugbenga
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2002 v.82 no.15 pp. 1881-1885
- Sorghum bicolor; activation energy; adverse effects; ammonium chloride; calcium chloride; cations; enzyme activity; ferric chloride; filtration; germination; grains; ion exchange chromatography; magnesium chloride; malting; molecular weight; pH; peroxidase; sodium metabisulfite; temperature
- ... We investigated some properties of the major ionic peroxidase (POD) from germinating Sorghum bicolor var Fara Fara. Peroxidase activity increased eightfold during the first 36 h of germination and declined thereafter to four times the value in the dry grain after 144 h. Gel filtration followed by ion exchange chromatography resolved the major peroxidase into two forms. The predominant POD had an o ...