Jump to Main Content
- Tarwadi, K.; Agte, V.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1469-1476
- nutrient content; free radicals; root vegetables; assays; green leafy vegetables; fruit composition; antioxidant activity; mineral content; antioxidants; India
- ... Commonly consumed, fruit vegetables (12) and root vegetables (15) in the Indian subcontinent in cooked and uncooked states assessed for inhibition of thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS), superoxide radical scavenging activity (SOSA), ferrous iron chelating ability (FICA) and nine micronutrients, exhibited large variability in these parameters. SOSA and FICA were significantly associate ...
- Prasad, K.N.; Divakar, S.; Shivamurthy, G.R.; Aradhya, S.M.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1461-1468
- Ipomoea aquatica; green leafy vegetables; flavonols; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; free radicals; lipid peroxidation
- ... Ipomoea aquatica Forsk, a green leafy vegetable that is a rich source of vitamins and amino acids with many health benefits, has been explored for the isolation and identification of its bioactive compounds. Activity-guided repeated fractionation of a methanol extract on a silica gel column followed by an XAD column yielded a compound that exhibited antioxidant activity with an EC50 value of 83 +/ ...