Jump to Main Content
- Fang Tian; Weiliang Chen; Gongjian Fan; Tingting Li; Xiaohong Kou; Cai'E Wu; Zhihao Wu
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.6 pp. 3124-3133
- Ginkgo biloba; antifungal properties; catalase; cell respiration; chitosan; coatings; enzyme activity; ethylene production; malondialdehyde; membrane permeability; nutrient content; oxidative stress; peroxidase; principal component analysis; seeds; shelf life; starch; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase
- ... BACKGROUND: The effects of Ginkgo biloba seed exopleura extract (GSEE) and chitosan (CH) coating on the preservation of ginkgo seeds were investigated. RESULTS: Results showed that CH could alleviate the decay rate, and that CH combined with GSEE (CH–GSEE) treatment further inhibited the development of seed decay due to the additional antifungal activity of GSEE. The nutrient contents, including w ...
- Troncoso-Rojas, R.; Sanchez-Estrada, A.; Ruelas, C.; Garcia, H.S.; Tiznado-Hernandez, M.E.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1427-1434
- tomatoes; postharvest diseases; Alternaria alternata; benzyl isothiocyanate; disease control; antifungal properties; postharvest treatment; postharvest physiology; cell respiration; ethylene production; food storage
- ... Benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) is known to be a strong antifungal compound in vitro against different fungi. The effectiveness of benzyl isothiocyanate to control Alternaria alternata growth in vitro and in vivo was tested. BITC in vitro activity was evaluated in A alternata growing on potato dextrose agar and exposed to 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 or 0.4 mg ml(-1). In vivo activity was evaluated by expos ...