Jump to Main Content
- Karthikeyan, Muthusamy; Sandosskumar, Rajendran; Radhajeyalakshmi, Raju; Mathiyazhagan, Subramanian; Khabbaz, Salah Eddin; Ganesamurthy, Kulandaivelu; Selvi, Balasubramanian; Velazhahan, Rethinasamy
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2007 v.87 no.13 pp. 2495-2501
- plant extracts; plant pathogenic fungi; field experimentation; Aspergillus flavus; Fusarium graminearum; hybrids; fungal diseases of plants; Alternaria alternata; leaves; antifungal properties; Curvularia; seeds; garlic; disease control; onions; in vitro studies; spraying; Allium cepa; grain sorghum; Allium sativum; Sorghum bicolor
- ... BACKGROUND: The in vitro antifungal activity of zimmu (Allium cepa L. x Allium sativum L.) extract against Aspergillus flavus Link., Fusarium moniliforme Sheld, Curvularia lunata (Wakker) Boedijn and Alternaria alternata (Fr.) Keissler, the fungi associated with grain mold of sorghum, was evaluated. An emulsifiable concentrate (EC) formulation of zimmu extract was prepared and its efficacy in cont ...
- Troncoso-Rojas, R.; Sanchez-Estrada, A.; Ruelas, C.; Garcia, H.S.; Tiznado-Hernandez, M.E.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1427-1434
- tomatoes; postharvest diseases; Alternaria alternata; benzyl isothiocyanate; disease control; antifungal properties; postharvest treatment; postharvest physiology; cell respiration; ethylene production; food storage
- ... Benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) is known to be a strong antifungal compound in vitro against different fungi. The effectiveness of benzyl isothiocyanate to control Alternaria alternata growth in vitro and in vivo was tested. BITC in vitro activity was evaluated in A alternata growing on potato dextrose agar and exposed to 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 or 0.4 mg ml(-1). In vivo activity was evaluated by expos ...