Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Sukhvinder Pal; Pal, Ram Krishna; Saini, Manpreet Kaur; Singh, Jagdeep; Gaikwad, Nilesh; Parashuram, Shilpa; Kaur, Charanjit
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.11 pp. 5073-5082
- acidity, etc ; polyphenols; mass spectrometry; dietary supplements; liquid chromatography; cyanidin; drugs; human health; breeding programs; secondary metabolites; genotype; fructose; citric acid; anthocyanins; germplasm; cultivars; genetic improvement; ellagic acid; chemometrics; antioxidant activity; ferulic acid; ascorbic acid; fruits; pomegranates; delphinidin; color; aril; India; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Pomegranate fruit is an excellent source of bioactive polyphenolics, known to contribute significantly to human health. India is the largest producer of pomegranate in the world and produces the finest quality fruit with highly desirable consumer traits such as soft seeds, low acidity, and attractive fruit and aril color. Knowledge of the extent of variation in key metabolites (sugars, ...
- D'souza, Cassandra; Fernandes, Rosaline; Kudale, Subhash; Naik, Azza Silotry
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2018 v.98 no.5 pp. 1995-2001
- acidity, etc ; 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Garcinia indica; Lagenaria siceraria; Tamarindus indica; acidulants; additives; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; buffering capacity; citric acid; coconut milk; fruit juices; fruits; high performance liquid chromatography; plate count; shelf life; tamarinds; tartaric acid; titration; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Acidity regulators are additives that alter and control food acidity. The objective of this study was to explore local indigenous fruits as sources of natural acidity regulators. Juices extracted from Garcinia indica (kokum), Embilica officinalis (amla) and Tamarindus indica (tamarind) were used as acidulants for media such as coconut milk and bottle gourd juice. The buffering capacity ...