Jump to Main Content
- Plotto, Anne; Narciso, Jan A.; Rattanapanone, Nithiya; Baldwin, Elizabeth A.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2010 v.90 no.13 pp. 2333
- titratable acidity, etc ; water content; mangoes; fruits (food); fresh-cut foods; food surfaces; food packaging; coatings; calcium; citric acid; food storage; shelf life; carrageenan gels; carboxymethylcellulose; chitosan; cultivars; enzymatic browning; fruit quality; sensory evaluation; sweetness; firmness; postharvest treatment; antioxidants; Mangifera indica; antioxidant activity; imports; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Background: Edible coatings may extend fresh-cut fruit storage by preventing moisture loss and decreasing gas exchange. This study evaluated the effect of an antibrowning dip (calcium ascorbate, citric acid and N-acetyl-L-cysteine), followed or not with carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) or carrageenan coatings on quality of fresh-cut mangoes stored at 5 °C for up to 20 days. A fourth treatment, only us ...
- Singh, Sukhvinder Pal; Pal, Ram Krishna; Saini, Manpreet Kaur; Singh, Jagdeep; Gaikwad, Nilesh; Parashuram, Shilpa; Kaur, Charanjit
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.11 pp. 5073-5082
- acidity, etc ; polyphenols; mass spectrometry; dietary supplements; liquid chromatography; cyanidin; drugs; human health; breeding programs; secondary metabolites; genotype; fructose; citric acid; anthocyanins; germplasm; cultivars; genetic improvement; ellagic acid; chemometrics; antioxidant activity; ferulic acid; ascorbic acid; fruits; pomegranates; delphinidin; color; aril; India; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Pomegranate fruit is an excellent source of bioactive polyphenolics, known to contribute significantly to human health. India is the largest producer of pomegranate in the world and produces the finest quality fruit with highly desirable consumer traits such as soft seeds, low acidity, and attractive fruit and aril color. Knowledge of the extent of variation in key metabolites (sugars, ...