Jump to Main Content
- Mandal, A.B.; Kaur, S.; Johri, A.K.; Elangovan, A.V.; Deo, C.; Shrivastava, H.P.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2006 v.86 no.5 pp. 793-798
- nitrogen balance; balance studies; animal growth; dietary protein; threonine; carcass characteristics; humoral immunity; poultry feeding; feed conversion; cell-mediated immunity; liveweight gain; physiological response; feed intake; Coturnix japonica; dietary supplements
- ... The influence of dietary levels of L-threonine (Thr) on growth and immune response was investigated in growing (0-5 weeks of age) Japanese quails (n = 288). Three dietary treatments were formulated using three levels of Thr [9.6, 10.2 and 11.2 kg-1 diet dry matter (DM)] at a fixed protein level of 233 g kg-1 and an energy level of 12.15 MJ (2900 kcal) metabolizable energy (ME) kg-1 feed dry matter ...
- Gul, M.; Yoruk, M.A.; Macit, M.; Esenbuga, N.; Karaoglu, M.; Aksakal, V.; Aksu, M.I.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1439-1443
- lambs; males; lamb feeding; Awassi; Vicia sativa; seeds; plant source protein; liveweight gain; finishing; lamb meat; meat quality; color; carcass characteristics; pH; feed intake; feed conversion
- ... The experiment was carried out to evaluate the effect of common vetch seed (CVS), used at various levels (0, 15 and 25%), as a protein source in diets replacing different proportion of barley, wheat bran and soybean meal on fattening performance, carcass and meat quality characteristics of Awassi male lambs at approximately 8 months of age. The lambs were divided into three treatment groups, T1 (c ...