Jump to Main Content
- Sabir, Ferhan K; Agar, I Tayfun
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2011 v.91 no.15 pp. 2835-2843
- harvesting, etc ; tomatoes; fruits; total soluble solids; polygalacturonase; ethylene production; lycopene; storage quality; maturity stage; titratable acidity; color; ripening; chlorophyll; researchers; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: A wide range of 1‐methylcyclopropene (1‐MCP) concentrations as well as various treatment durations have been studied in tomatoes by different researchers. However, little is known about interaction of 1‐MCP doses and maturity stages of tomatoes. Therefore the effects of different concentrations of 1‐MCP on storage and postharvest quality of ‘Zorro’ tomatoes harvested at mature green or ...
- Kheng, Tee Yei; Ding, Phebe; Abdul Rahman, Nor Aini
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2012 v.92 no.1 pp. 171-176
- harvesting, etc ; carbon dioxide; fruits; glucose; fructose; sucrose; Musa; ethylene production; fruit quality; maturity stage; firmness; pH; color; ripening; citric acid; bananas; pulp; sugar content; taste; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: A series of physico‐chemical quality (peel and pulp colours, pulp firmness, fruit pH, sugars and acids content, respiration rate and ethylene production) were conducted to study the optimum harvest periods (either week 11 or week 12 after emergence of the first hand) of Rastali banana (Musa AAB Rastali) based on the fruit quality during ripening. RESULT: Rastali banana fruit exhibited ...