Jump to Main Content
- Morales‐Sillero, Ana, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2015 v.95 no.12 pp. 2445-2453
- antioxidants; cultivars; ethylene production; firmness; flavor; fruit quality; fruits; grapes; manual harvesting; mechanical harvesting; olives; oxidative stability; phenol; production costs; virgin olive oil
- ... BACKGROUND: Super‐intensive cultivation facilitates olive mechanized harvesting, allowing substantial savings in the production cost of virgin olive oil (VOO). However, the number of varieties adapted to this type of cultivation is small. This study explores the impact that harvesting with a grape straddle harvester of ‘Manzanilla de Sevilla’ and ‘Manzanilla Cacereña’ olives grown in super‐intensi ...
- Morales‐Sillero, Ana, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2017 v.97 no.3 pp. 1018-1026
- Olea europaea; antioxidants; autumn; deficit irrigation; esters; irrigation rates; nutritive value; ocimene; olives; orchards; oxidative stability; phenolic compounds; pigments; taste; trees; vigor; virgin olive oil; water conservation
- ... BACKGROUND: Regulated deficit irrigation (RDI) is used in hedgerow olive orchards to achieve a sustainable balance between water savings, tree vigor and oil production. Its effects on the presence of compounds responsible for the taste of the oil and its nutritional value are controversial. The present 3‐year study was conducted in an ‘Arbequina’ orchard (1667 trees ha⁻¹) under a full irrigation ( ...