Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.3 pp. 1250-1257
- Aspergillus niger; byproducts; flour; grape pomace; grape pomace extracts; sodium hydroxide; solvents; sulfuric acid; xylanases; xylooligosaccharides
- ... BACKGROUND: The aim of this work was to determine the most favorable conditions for the production of xylooligosaccharides (XOS) from Brazilian Syrah grape pomace. Chemical processes were performed using a rotatable central composite design where the concentration of sulfuric acid or sodium hydroxide and the grape pomace flour/solvent mass ratio were the dependent variables. Enzymatic production w ...
- Pintado, Maria M, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2013 v.93 no.6 pp. 1458-1465
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus casei; lactic acid; liquid chromatography; metabolites; nutritive value; peptides; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; probiotics; ultrafiltration; whey cheeses
- ... BACKGROUND: Probiotic whey cheeses have been produced for several years. It is recognized that several bacterium‐mediated metabolic activities contribute differently to the final sensory and nutritional profiles of dairy products. Hence the metabolic activity of probiotic strains in a whey cheese and their contribution to the bioactivity of such matrices were investigated here, including in partic ...