Jump to Main Content
- Ohshima, Toshiaki, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2010 v.90 no.10 pp. 1634-1641
- value-added products; food coloring; stabilizers; fish processing; fish products; antioxidants; vegetable extracts; model food systems; novel foods
- ... BACKGROUND: Ergothioneine (ESH), a potent antioxidant, has been found in certain edible mushrooms. Our previous research showed that ESH extracted from the edible mushroom Flammulina velutipes has a positive effect on the colour stability of beef and tuna meat. The purpose of the present study was to compare the efficacy and applicability of ESH extracts prepared from different mushroom species as ...
- Ohshima, Toshiaki, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2011 v.91 no.5 pp. 850-859
- Aspergillus oryzae; Scomber; acids; alcohols; aldehydes; aromatic compounds; carbohydrates; enzyme activity; enzymes; esters; fish meat; fish paste; flavor; furans; ketones; koji; mackerel; malt; meat; miso; odor compounds; odors; protein hydrolysates; raw materials; raw meat; rice; soybeans; substrate specificity; washing
- ... BACKGROUND: Miso, a fermented soybean paste prepared using koji (rice malt inoculated with Aspergillus oryzae) has been commonly used as a traditional seasoning for several centuries in East Asian countries. A miso-like fermented product was prepared using washed and unwashed meats of spotted mackerel (Scomber australasicus) with improved food functionality and aroma attributes. The evolution of a ...