Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Fangju, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.1 pp. 409-420
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus; acetic acid; amino acids; coffee beans; flavor; fructose; glucose; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; lactic fermentation; microbial activity; odors; pyrazines; roasting; sucrose
- ... BACKGROUND: Coffee flavor can be significantly influenced by microbial activities in spontaneous fermentation of coffee cherries. The potential of lactic acid bacteria for flavor modulation through controlled fermentation of green coffee beans has not been explored. RESULTS: Fermentation by Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 with and without 1% w/w glucose supplementation led to modification of flavor‐ ...
- Zhao, Fangju, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2017 v.97 no.15 pp. 5146-5157
- clearcutting; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; furfural; furfuryl alcohol; glucose; maltol; odors; palm kernel oil; palm kernels; principal component analysis; roasting; seeds; volatile compounds
- ... BACKGROUND: The aroma of palm kernel oil (PKO) affects its applications. Little information is available on how enzymatic modification of palm kernels (PK) affects PK and PKO aroma after kernel roasting. RESULTS: Celluclast (cellulase) pretreatment of PK resulted in a 2.4‐fold increment in the concentration of soluble sugars, with glucose being increased by 6.0‐fold. Higher levels of 1.7‐, 1.8‐ an ...