Jump to Main Content
- Rysavy, Anne; Seifan, Merav; Sternberg, Marcelo; Tielbörger, Katja; Standish, Rachel
- Journal of vegetation science 2016 v.27 no.2 pp. 227-237
- herbaceous plants, etc ; arid lands; botanical gardens; climate; climate change; climate models; drought; dry environmental conditions; ecosystems; prediction; rain; seedlings; shrubs; Israel; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... QUESTIONS: Can theory about plant–plant interactions along climate gradients help us predict how climate change will affect shrub establishment? How does a predicted reduction in rainfall affect the outcome of the interactions between shrub seedlings and herbaceous plants in a dryland ecosystem? LOCATION: Three field sites along a rainfall gradient and an adjacent experimental site at the Botanica ...
- Allegrezza, M.; Corti, G.; Cocco, S.; Pesaresi, S.; Chirico, G.B.; Saracino, A.; Bonanomi, G.; Michalet, Richard
- Journal of vegetation science 2016 v.27 no.3 pp. 616-627
- herbaceous plants, etc ; Juniperus communis; calcium; canopy; evaporation; grasslands; habitats; hydrology; magnesium; microclimate; national parks; nurse plants; ontogeny; organic matter; plant communities; potassium; shrubs; soil fertility; soil quality; soil temperature; spring; summer; water temperature; woody plants; Italy; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... AIMS: Facilitation has been reported in a wide range of plant communities, with evidence of positive interactions between beneficiary and nurse plants shifting during their ontogenetic development. This study explored the hypothesis that shrubs of Juniperus communis subsp. nana (thereafter Juniperus) play a crucial role in the successional sequence of plant communities acting as nurse for differen ...