Jump to Main Content
- Pierard, Marc; McGreevy, Paul; Geers, Rony
- Journal of veterinary behavior 2018
- police, etc ; cross-over studies; horses; pastures; personality; service animals; trotting; working conditions; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Operational police horses must perform under challenging circumstances, so the selection of suitable equine training candidates should include an evaluation of their personalities. We describe the developmental phase of a project aimed at customizing selection tests for mounts at the Belgian Federal Police. The experiment evaluated the influence of preceding activity and multiple testing on behavi ...
- Mora, Esther; Fonseca, Gabriel M.; Navarro, Pablo; Castaño, Antonio; Lucena, Joaquin
- Journal of veterinary behavior 2018 v.25 pp. 76-84
- police, etc ; Canis lupus; adults; death; demographic statistics; descriptive studies; dog breeds; dogs; epidemiological studies; face; forensic sciences; information sources; laws and regulations; males; medicine; neck; necropsy; pets; retrospective studies; risk factors; teams; veterinarians; Canary Islands; Spain; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Forensic evaluation of fatal dog attacks requires interdisciplinary teams where veterinarians testify with forensic pathologists and odontologists to provide information about the circumstances of the attack, examine the scene, and study the autopsy of the victim or animal. In Spain, there is a shortage of scientific studies focused on dog bites and fewer studies on fatal attacks. The aim of this ...