Jump to Main Content
- Bedoya Nader, G.; Hogan, D.F.
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2020 v.30 pp. 1-6
- French Bulldog; albumins; aorta; cost effectiveness; dogs; image analysis; males; patent ductus arteriosus; polycythemia; scintigraphy
- ... A 27-month-old male neutered French bulldog that was originally diagnosed with tricuspid valve dysplasia and a bidirectional shunting patent foramen ovale was evaluated for progressive polycythemia and exertional cyanosis. There was a high clinical suspicion for a right-to-left shunting patent ductus arteriosus, but given the presence of agitated saline within the left atrium, left ventricle, asce ...
- Eberhardt, C.; Mitchell, K.J.; Schwarzwald, C.C.
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2020 v.30 pp. 32-43
- atrial fibrillation; body weight; deformation; echocardiography; heart; heart valve diseases; horses
- ... The mechanical function of the left atrium (LA) plays a pivotal role in modulation of left ventricular filling. Assessment of LA function might be a clinically useful prognostic tool for horses with mitral regurgitation or atrial fibrillation. However, the most accurate, reliable, and clinically useful methods to assess LA myocardial function are yet to be determined. The objective of this study w ...