Jump to Main Content
- Balakrishnan, N.; Alexander, K.; Keene, B.; Kolluru, S.; Fauls, M.L.; Rawdon, I.; Breitschwerdt, E.B.
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2016 v.18 no.3 pp. 271-277
- Weimaraner, etc ; Actinomyces; bacteria; case studies; dog diseases; dogs; endocarditis; inflammation; pathogens; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Infective endocarditis, an inflammation of the endocardial surface due to invasion by an infectious agent, is more common in middle sized to large breed dogs. We herein report a case of mitral valve endocarditis in a 9-year-old male-castrated Weimaraner caused by an Actinomyces canis-like bacterium, not previously reported in association with infection in dogs. ...
- Scansen, Brian A.; Simpson, Elaine M.; López-Alvarez, Jordi; Thomas, William P.; Bright, Janice M.; Eason, Bryan D.; Rush, John E.; Dukes-McEwan, Joanna; Green, Henry W.; Cunningham, Suzanne M.; Visser, Lance C.; Kent, Agnieszka M.; Schober, Karsten E.
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 107-119
- Weimaraner, etc ; dogs; heart; heart failure; necropsy; patent ductus arteriosus; pulmonary artery; risk; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... To describe a series of dogs with pulmonary artery dissection and patent ductus arteriosus (PDA).Eight dogs.Retrospective case series.Pulmonary artery dissection was diagnosed in 8 dogs, 3 were Weimaraners. Four dogs presented in left-sided congestive heart failure, 4 presented for murmur evaluation and without clinical signs, and 1 presented in right-sided congestive heart failure. In 7 dogs the ...