Jump to Main Content
- G. Bedoya Nader; D.F. Hogan
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2020 v.30 pp. 1-6
- French Bulldog; albumins; aorta; cost effectiveness; dogs; image analysis; males; patent ductus arteriosus; polycythemia; scintigraphy
- ... A 27-month-old male neutered French bulldog that was originally diagnosed with tricuspid valve dysplasia and a bidirectional shunting patent foramen ovale was evaluated for progressive polycythemia and exertional cyanosis. There was a high clinical suspicion for a right-to-left shunting patent ductus arteriosus, but given the presence of agitated saline within the left atrium, left ventricle, asce ...
- Gordon D. Peddle; Gretchen E. Singletary; Caryn A. Reynolds; Dennis J. Trafny; Maggie C. Machen; Mark A. Oyama
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2012 v.14 no.1 pp. 253-259
- carbon dioxide; furosemide; albumins; drug therapy; radiography; heart failure; antagonists; urine; dogs; chlorides; anions; creatinine; quality of life; specific gravity; urea nitrogen; diuretics; heart; clinical trials; diuresis; phosphorus
- ... OBJECTIVES: Diuretic therapy reduces preload and relieves congestion secondary to cardiac dysfunction. Torsemide (torasemide) is a loop diuretic with longer duration of action, decreased susceptibility to diuretic resistance, and adjunctive aldosterone antagonist properties compared with furosemide. We hypothesized that torsemide would be well tolerated and no less effective than furosemide at diu ...