Jump to Main Content
- Chinsangaram, Jarasvech; Akita, Geoffrey Y.; Osburn, Bennie I.
- Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation 1994 v.6 no.3 pp. 302-307
- Coronavirinae; Rotavirus; birds; cattle; chemiluminescence; deer; double-stranded RNA; feces; genome; horses; humans; polymerase chain reaction; rats; swine
- ... A pair of primers designed from the sequence of genome segment 9 of group B rat rotavirus (IDIR) were employed to amplify genome segment 9 of a group B bovine rotavirus in a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and to sequence the derived PCR products. A new pair of primers were synthesized from the obtained sequence data and used in a PCR detection assay for group B bovine rotavirus in fecal samples. ...
- Reams, Rachel Y.; Glickman, Lawrence T.; Harrington, Daniel D.; Thacker, H. Leon; Bowersock, Terry L.
- Journal of veterinary diagnostic investigation 1994 v.6 no.3 pp. 326-334
- Escherichia coli; Mycoplasma; Pasteurella multocida; Streptococcus suis; arthritis; bacteria; bacterial culture; brain; bronchopneumonia; encephalitis; heart; inflammation; lungs; meningitis; myocarditis; pericarditis; peritonitis; pleurisy; retrospective studies; serotypes; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); swine; swine diseases; vasculitis; Indiana
- ... A retrospective study of 256 cases of naturally acquired Streptococcus suis infections in swine submitted to the Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory from 1985 to 1989 was undertaken to describe the clinical signs, lesions, and coexisting organisms associated with S. suis serotypes 1–8 and 1/2. Infected pigs generally had clinical signs and gross lesions referable to either the respiratory ...