Jump to Main Content
- Rozanski, Elizabeth A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2017 v.27 no.5 pp. 506-511
- analysis of variance; animal technicians; catheters; dogs; prospective studies; veterinarians
- ... OBJECTIVE: To compare the time required and the success rate of personnel with 4 different levels of experience to place a humeral intraosseous (IO) catheter versus a jugular venous catheter (IV) in cadaver dogs. DESIGN: Prospective study. SETTING: Veterinary university teaching hospital. INTERVENTIONS: Canine cadavers from recently euthanized dogs were obtained from the cadaver donation program b ...
- Rozanski, Elizabeth A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2017 v.27 no.6 pp. 631-637
- biomarkers; digestive system diseases; dogs; echocardiography; lactic acid; natriuretic peptides; observational studies; tachycardia; troponin I
- ... OBJECTIVE: To assess abnormalities in concentrations of cardiac troponin I (cTnI), lactate, and N‐terminal pro‐B‐type natriuretic peptide (NT‐proBNP) in relation to arrhythmias, echocardiographic measurements, and survival in dogs with gastric dilatation volvulus (GDV). DESIGN: Prospective observational study. SETTING: University hospital. ANIMALS: Twenty‐two dogs with naturally occurring GDV. SAM ...