Jump to Main Content
- Junge, Hannah K.; Ringer, Simone K.; Mayer, Nathalie; Schwarzwald, Colin C.
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2016 v.26 no.5 pp. 691-703
- adults; blood; blood platelet count; blood sampling; coagulation; fibrinogen; hematocrit; horses; hospitals; observational studies; protein content; prothrombin; regression analysis; thrombin; thromboplastin
- ... OBJECTIVES: To assess the measurement reliability of rotational thromboelastometry (ROTEM) measurements in horses, establish reference intervals for healthy horses, and evaluate the relationship between ROTEM variables, hematologic variables, and standard coagulation tests. DESIGN: Prospective observational study. SETTING: University teaching hospital. ANIMALS: Fifty healthy and 10 diseased adult ...
- Pongratz, Michaela C.; Junge, Hannah K.; Riond, Barbara; Schwarzwald, Colin C.
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2016 v.26 no.5 pp. 682-690
- adults; asses; blood; horses; hospitals; hypertriglyceridemia; monitoring; point-of-care systems; prospective studies; triacylglycerols
- ... OBJECTIVE: To assess the accuracy and reliability of a point‐of‐care (POC) triglyceride analyzer and to establish reference intervals for blood ([TRIG]POC/WB) and plasma triglyceride concentrations ([TRIG]POC/PL) in horses, ponies, and donkeys. DESIGN: Prospective study. SETTING: University teaching hospital. ANIMALS: 120 adult healthy equids (78 horses and ponies, 42 donkeys) and 79 equids suffer ...