Jump to Main Content
- Junge, Hannah K.; Ringer, Simone K.; Mayer, Nathalie; Schwarzwald, Colin C.
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2016 v.26 no.5 pp. 691-703
- adults; blood; blood platelet count; blood sampling; coagulation; fibrinogen; hematocrit; horses; hospitals; observational studies; protein content; prothrombin; regression analysis; thrombin; thromboplastin
- ... OBJECTIVES: To assess the measurement reliability of rotational thromboelastometry (ROTEM) measurements in horses, establish reference intervals for healthy horses, and evaluate the relationship between ROTEM variables, hematologic variables, and standard coagulation tests. DESIGN: Prospective observational study. SETTING: University teaching hospital. ANIMALS: Fifty healthy and 10 diseased adult ...
- Kish, Jennifer L.; McGuirk, Sheila M.; Friedrichs, Kristen R.; Peek, Simon F.
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2016 v.26 no.5 pp. 675-681
- Holstein; adults; albumins; blood proteins; calves; dairy cows; dairy farming; equations; globulins; hospitals; lactating females; lactation; observational studies; osmotic pressure; protein content; statistical analysis; Wisconsin
- ... OBJECTIVE: To establish the reference interval for colloid osmotic pressure (COP) in neonatal and adult cattle and to investigate associations between COP and total protein, albumin, or globulin in the two populations sampled. DESIGN: Cross‐sectional observational study. SETTING: Animals were sampled on commercial dairy farms in Southern Wisconsin, and samples were processed and analyzed in a clin ...