Jump to Main Content
- Junge, Hannah K.; Ringer, Simone K.; Mayer, Nathalie; Schwarzwald, Colin C.
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2016 v.26 no.5 pp. 691-703
- adults; blood; blood platelet count; blood sampling; coagulation; fibrinogen; hematocrit; horses; hospitals; observational studies; protein content; prothrombin; regression analysis; thrombin; thromboplastin
- ... OBJECTIVES: To assess the measurement reliability of rotational thromboelastometry (ROTEM) measurements in horses, establish reference intervals for healthy horses, and evaluate the relationship between ROTEM variables, hematologic variables, and standard coagulation tests. DESIGN: Prospective observational study. SETTING: University teaching hospital. ANIMALS: Fifty healthy and 10 diseased adult ...
- Dixon‐Jimenez, Amy C.; Brainard, Benjamin M.; Brooks, Marjory B.; Nie, Ben; Arnold, Robert D.; Loper, Daniel; Abrams, Jessica C.; Rapoport, Gregg S.
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2016 v.26 no.5 pp. 619-629
- adults; adverse effects; anticoagulant activity; blood; blood sampling; cats; clinical trials; coagulation; cross-over studies; dose response; drugs; females; heart diseases; hemorrhage; high performance liquid chromatography; hospitals; males; people; pharmacodynamics; pharmacokinetics; prothrombin; tandem mass spectrometry; thromboplastin
- ... OBJECTIVES: To determine the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of rivaroxaban (RVX), in healthy cats and to evaluate the clinicopathologic effects of various plasma RVX concentrations within target therapeutic ranges established for people. DESIGN: Prospective randomized cross‐over study performed between July 2013 and November 2014. SETTING: Veterinary university teaching hospital. ANIMALS: S ...