Jump to Main Content
- Raghu, Chantel; Ekena, Joanne; Cullen, John M.; Webb, Craig B.; Trepanier, Lauren A.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.3 pp. 1009-1018
- C-reactive protein; alanine transaminase; aspartate transaminase; biomarkers; biopsy; blood serum; chemokine CCL2; dogs; fibrosis; histopathology; humans; interleukin-6; laparoscopy; laparotomy; ligands; liver; liver cirrhosis; medicine; monitoring
- ... BACKGROUND: Serum interleukin 6 (IL‐6), chemokine ligand 2 (CCL2), C‐reactive protein (CRP), and the ratio of aspartate transaminase to alanine transaminase (AST:ALT) have been correlated with fibrosis and necroinflammatory activity in humans with various hepatopathies. HYPOTHESIS/OBJECTIVES: To determine whether increases in serum IL‐6, CCL2, CRP, or AST:ALT were associated with moderate to sever ...
- Kimbrell, Tiffany L.; Milovancev, Milan; Olsen, Ronald; Löhr, Christiane V.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.2 pp. 701-706
- biopsy; death; dogs; histology; liver; necropsy; surface area
- ... BACKGROUND: Diagnostic accuracy of the 3 mm laparoscopic cup biopsy forceps for collection of tissue samples from canine livers is unproven. HYPOTHESES/OBJECTIVES: Compare sample surface area and portal triad count between 3 mm and 5 mm laparoscopic cup biopsies and compare the histologic diagnosis obtained by each instrument to a standard necropsy wedge. The hypothesis was that more portal triads ...