Jump to Main Content
- Kortum, Andre J.; Cloup, Emilie A.; Williams, Tim L.; Constantino‐Casas, Fernendo; Watson, Penny J.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1629-1636
- cell cycle; cell senescence; chronic hepatitis; dogs; hepatocytes; histopathology; immunohistochemistry; liver; medical records; prognosis
- ... BACKGROUND: Chronic hepatitis (CH) occurs commonly in dogs but is associated with a variable and largely unpredictable prognosis. p21, a cell‐cycle inhibitor and marker of cellular senescence, is upregulated in human liver disease and is a better prognostic marker than histological or clinical scoring systems. OBJECTIVE: To quantify hepatocyte p21 immunopositivity in histopathology samples from do ...
- Eulenberg, V.M.; Lidbury, J.A.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.1 pp. 26-41
- animal models; biomarkers; biopsy; blood serum; chronic hepatitis; dogs; fibrosis; histopathology; liver; liver cirrhosis; medicine; pathogenesis; pathophysiology; patients; veterinary medicine
- ... Hepatic fibrosis is commonly diagnosed in dogs, often as a sequela to chronic hepatitis (CH). The development of fibrosis is a crucial event in the progression of hepatic disease that is of prognostic value. The pathophysiology of hepatic fibrosis in human patients and rodent models has been studied extensively. Although less is known about this process in dogs, evidence suggests that fibrogenic m ...
- PubMed Central: