Jump to Main Content
- Kimbrell, Tiffany L.; Milovancev, Milan; Olsen, Ronald; Löhr, Christiane V.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.2 pp. 701-706
- biopsy; death; dogs; histology; liver; necropsy; surface area
- ... BACKGROUND: Diagnostic accuracy of the 3 mm laparoscopic cup biopsy forceps for collection of tissue samples from canine livers is unproven. HYPOTHESES/OBJECTIVES: Compare sample surface area and portal triad count between 3 mm and 5 mm laparoscopic cup biopsies and compare the histologic diagnosis obtained by each instrument to a standard necropsy wedge. The hypothesis was that more portal triads ...
- Harrison, J.L.; Turek, B.J.; Brown, D.C.; Bradley, C.; Callahan Clark, J.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.1 pp. 172-180
- Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; biliary tract; cholecystitis; confidence interval; death; descriptive studies; dogs; enzyme activity; histopathology; hyperbilirubinemia; hypercholesterolemia; liver; medical records; microbial growth; patients; regression analysis; risk; ultrasonography; vomiting
- ... BACKGROUND: Cholangitis in dogs appears to be more common than previously thought, but understanding of the disease remains incomplete. OBJECTIVE: To describe a population of dogs with cholangitis or cholangiohepatitis. ANIMALS: Fifty‐four client‐owned dogs with cholangitis or cholangiohepatitis. METHODS: Medical records of dogs with cholangitis or cholangiohepatitis confirmed by histopathology be ...
- PubMed Central: