Jump to Main Content
- Strickland, Jaimie M.; Buchweitz, John P.; Smedley, Rebecca C.; Olstad, Katherine J.; Schultz, Ryan S.; Oliver, N. Bari; Langlois, Daniel K.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.6 pp. 1943-1950
- atomic absorption spectrometry; copper; copper metabolism; databases; dogs; epidemiological studies; hepatitis; histology; histopathology; liver; retrospective studies; Michigan
- ... BACKGROUND: Copper associated hepatitis (CAH) has been increasingly recognized in dogs, and speculation exists that hereditary defects in copper metabolism have been exacerbated by increased environmental copper exposure. However, no broad epidemiological investigations have been performed to investigate quantitative hepatic copper concentrations ([Cu]H) over time in both dogs that are (predispose ...
- Kimbrell, Tiffany L.; Milovancev, Milan; Olsen, Ronald; Löhr, Christiane V.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.2 pp. 701-706
- biopsy; death; dogs; histology; liver; necropsy; surface area
- ... BACKGROUND: Diagnostic accuracy of the 3 mm laparoscopic cup biopsy forceps for collection of tissue samples from canine livers is unproven. HYPOTHESES/OBJECTIVES: Compare sample surface area and portal triad count between 3 mm and 5 mm laparoscopic cup biopsies and compare the histologic diagnosis obtained by each instrument to a standard necropsy wedge. The hypothesis was that more portal triads ...