Jump to Main Content
- Raghu, Chantel; Ekena, Joanne; Cullen, John M.; Webb, Craig B.; Trepanier, Lauren A.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.3 pp. 1009-1018
- C-reactive protein; alanine transaminase; aspartate transaminase; biomarkers; biopsy; blood serum; chemokine CCL2; dogs; fibrosis; histopathology; humans; interleukin-6; laparoscopy; laparotomy; ligands; liver; liver cirrhosis; medicine; monitoring
- ... BACKGROUND: Serum interleukin 6 (IL‐6), chemokine ligand 2 (CCL2), C‐reactive protein (CRP), and the ratio of aspartate transaminase to alanine transaminase (AST:ALT) have been correlated with fibrosis and necroinflammatory activity in humans with various hepatopathies. HYPOTHESIS/OBJECTIVES: To determine whether increases in serum IL‐6, CCL2, CRP, or AST:ALT were associated with moderate to sever ...
- Belotta, A.F.; Teixeira, C.R.; Padovani, C.R.; Rahal, S.C.; Mayer, M.N.; Mamprim, M.J.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.1 pp. 181-187
- alanine transaminase; alkaline phosphatase; blood flow; body condition; breeds; dogs; fatty liver; gamma-glutamyltransferase; hepatic artery; humans; liver; obesity; observational studies; portal vein; ultrasonography
- ... BACKGROUND: Hepatic circulatory disturbances have been associated with obesity and fatty liver in humans. In the veterinary literature, however, there is limited information regarding the effects of different body condition scores (BCS) on liver hemodynamic indices in dogs. OBJECTIVES: To investigate the influence of BCS on liver hemodynamic indices. ANIMALS: Fifty‐three client‐owned dogs of vario ...
- PubMed Central: