Jump to Main Content
- Kortum, Andre J.; Cloup, Emilie A.; Williams, Tim L.; Constantino‐Casas, Fernendo; Watson, Penny J.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1629-1636
- cell cycle; cell senescence; chronic hepatitis; dogs; hepatocytes; histopathology; immunohistochemistry; liver; medical records; prognosis
- ... BACKGROUND: Chronic hepatitis (CH) occurs commonly in dogs but is associated with a variable and largely unpredictable prognosis. p21, a cell‐cycle inhibitor and marker of cellular senescence, is upregulated in human liver disease and is a better prognostic marker than histological or clinical scoring systems. OBJECTIVE: To quantify hepatocyte p21 immunopositivity in histopathology samples from do ...
- Cartwright, J.A.; Gow, A.G.; Milne, E.; Drummond, D.; Smith, S.; Handel, I.; Mellanby, R.J.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.2 pp. 764-774
- biopsy; blood; calcitriol receptors; colon; digestive system diseases; dogs; duodenum; heart; ileum; immunoglobulin G; immunohistochemistry; inflammation; kidneys; liver; lungs; lymph nodes; monoclonal antibodies; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rats; spleen; testes; tissues; vitamin D
- ... BACKGROUND: There is growing evidence linking low blood vitamin D concentration to numerous diseases in people and in dogs. Vitamin D influences cellular function by signaling through the vitamin D receptor (VDR). Little is known about which non‐skeletal tissues express the VDR or how inflammation influences its expression in the dog. OBJECTIVES: To define which non‐skeletal canine tissues express ...
- PubMed Central: