Jump to Main Content
- de Oliveira, Anapolino Macedo; Fonseca, Antônio Augusto; Camargos, Marcelo Fernandes; Orzil, Lívia Maria; Laguardia-Nascimento, Mateus; Oliveira, Anna Gabriella Guimarães; Rodrigues, Jacqueline Gomes; Sales, Mariana Lázaro; de Oliveira, Tatiana Flávia Pinheiro; de Melo, Cristiano Barros
- Journal of virological methods 2018 v.257 pp. 7-11
- RNA; Vesiculovirus; analysis of variance; analytical specificity; cattle; control methods; equipment; foot-and-mouth disease; horses; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; swine; tongue; uncertainty; vesicular stomatitis
- ... Vesicular stomatitis is an infectious disease that occurs mainly in countries of the Western Hemisphere and affects cattle, swine and horses. The clinical symptoms in cattle and swine are similar to foot-and-mouth disease and include vesicular ulceration of the tongue and mouth. The disease requires a rapid and accurate differential diagnosis, aiming for immediate implementation of control measure ...
- Sarangi, Laxmi Narayan; Naveena, Thodangala; Rana, Samir Kumar; Surendra, Kota Sri Naga Leela; Reddy, Rachamreddy Venkata Chandrasekhar; Bajibabu, Putla; Ponnanna, Nadikerianda Muthappa; Sharma, Girish Kumar; Srinivasan, Villuppanoor Alwar
- Journal of virological methods 2018 v.257 pp. 1-6
- Bovine herpesvirus 1; buffaloes; bulls; detection limit; diagnostic sensitivity; genes; infectious bovine rhinotracheitis; liquids; nitrogen; paper; plasmids; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; screening; semen; seroprevalence; transportation; India
- ... The extended frozen semen (EFS) batches produced from infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) sero-positive cattle and buffalo bulls housed in various semen stations in India are transported to the testing laboratory in liquid nitrogen (LN2) for screening bovine herpesvirus-1 (BoHV-1). This procedure is laborious and poses LN2 related hazards. An alternative logistics for transportation of samples ...